Hi guys, Is there a go to Dealer in Canada that supports flintlocks?

WRENCHGOD

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Hi guys, I am looking to get back into the BP thing for me and for the kids. I am looking for a newer style flintlock along the lines of the Traditions PA or the TC Fire Storm. Can you guys recommend any CGN dealers or others that stock flintlocks and the junk to go along with them. I unfortunately gave all my stuff away and will be starting from scratch. I have already tried Google and the regular big sights with no luck, unless they don't bother to put any of it on their sites.

Thanks
 
There are often Lyman flinters showing up on the EE as well as some very nice customs from time to time. I bought a used, custom .54 English styled rifle this fall and there was a nice Friesen .58 for sale a while back too. That would be my suggestion as the used prices are often (but not always) very good. I'm a round ball shooter myself so I like slow twist barrels. What bullet style you want to shoot is something you should consider as that will dictate the rifle. For new stuff, Ellwood Epps usually has lots of stock. For accessories, there are quite a few places in Canada and Track of the Wolf will also ship lots of stuff to Canada. There is a good shop located near me in NS that stocks lots of Goex and Old E powder so I support him every chance I get. Buy local or support a forum sponsor when ever possible as they are also supporting you!
 
Hi guys, I am looking to get back into the BP thing for me and for the kids. I am looking for a newer style flintlock along the lines of the Traditions PA or the TC Fire Storm. Can you guys recommend any CGN dealers or others that stock flintlocks and the junk to go along with them. I unfortunately gave all my stuff away and will be starting from scratch. I have already tried Google and the regular big sights with no luck, unless they don't bother to put any of it on their sites.

Thanks

if i recall, there is a specialty black power/musket store in sendlac, sask. i picked up some stuff from them several years ago after i bought my bp rifle and saw them again at the north battleford show a few months ago.
 
I found a wood version of the Trad PA at Cabelas, although I like the idea of a synthetic for a hard use field gun i do like the wood one and I think it would suck up some recoil. In researching I have now determined I also want a traditional smooth bore and it has also rekindled my love and want for a cap revolver ans of course I will need all the goodies that go along with each. I knew I should have stayed out of this section. It all started by accidentally clicking on the wrong EE section. LOL
 
if i recall, there is a specialty black power/musket store in sendlac, sask. i picked up some stuff from them several years ago after i bought my bp rifle and saw them again at the north battleford show a few months ago.

Don't happen to remember the name do you. I would prefer to support one of the CGN dealers but I think most shops kinda look at BP as more of annoyance. LOL
 
if i recall, there is a specialty black power/musket store in sendlac, sask. i picked up some stuff from them several years ago after i bought my bp rifle and saw them again at the north battleford show a few months ago.

not seeing them on the interweb. will check if i have their business card and pm you if i can find it.
 
Hillfolk musket supplies in Senlac Saskatchewan has a fair amount. Loyalist Arms has a great selection of smoothbores and Marstar stocks a full line of Pietta cap and ball revolvers.
 
Back
Top Bottom