ComradeVlad
Regular
- Location
- To the West
So I've been looking to hunt game birds with my Pedersoli Bess for a while now.... But the season for the last 2 years has been super dry. My original plan is to use powder, a felt nitro card I believe, a circlefly cushion wad with undershot card attached. Shot and a overshot card of unknown material.
BUT.... Ive heard people say watch out for wads smoldering after leaving the barrel and starting fires....
Think it's a viable risk ??
I remember reading somewhere that people were using wasp nest material as wads cus it disinigrates rather than catching a fire.
Can anybody reflect on this?
Also for hunting purposes would u guys recommend lubing the cushion wad? Or leaving it dry?
Thanks
BUT.... Ive heard people say watch out for wads smoldering after leaving the barrel and starting fires....
Think it's a viable risk ??
I remember reading somewhere that people were using wasp nest material as wads cus it disinigrates rather than catching a fire.
Can anybody reflect on this?
Also for hunting purposes would u guys recommend lubing the cushion wad? Or leaving it dry?
Thanks


















































