Holsters for French 1873 and 1892

Morc

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Location
Saskatchewan
So I've got a friend with a French 1873 and an 1892 that is wondering what is available for holsters. I've seen some reproductions listed on various websites but currently all are out of stock.

Does anyone know of a source for one of the Repros?
Alternatively are there other modern holsters for other revolvers that would work with the French guns?

At some point I'll post on the EE looking for one for him but for now he's looking to purchase from a company.
 
I bought a 1893 Type 26 reproduction holster from Marstar that looks a lot like what the French Military used, and it's what I use for my 1892. It was a snug fit but it's well made, has an ammo pouch , strap, and belt loop.

My friend uses a reproduction holster meant for a S& W Victory model that fits his 1892 well.

HTH
 
This book has information on French revolvers and their holsters;

Military Handguns of France, 1858-1958

By Medlin, Eugene

(Book - 1993 )
 
He picked up an Uncle Mike's due to the convenience of it being in stock locally. I can confirm it fits the 1892 and the 1873 although the 1892 is a better fit.

The help is appreciated.
 
Back
Top Bottom