Hornady Steel Match

Nobody?

Eventually found it on Bass Pro's website, was in there today, alas didn't have any. Gentleman behind the counter hadn't heard of it either. Oh well.
 
Hi. It may not be approved by NRCAN. It kind of boggles my mind that Hornady even thought berdan primed, steel cased ammo was a good idea. Never mind match ammo. Can't imagine there being a demand for it, here or Stateside.
"...found it on Bass Pro's website..." Their U.S. site?
 
It's in Canada. Epps has had some of it but not much, pretty much limited to whatever Hornady sends them. It's enough cheaper in the US to make it worthwhile, especially for those occasions when you can't pick up your brass (certain matches, etc).

I've fire some of the .223 from my 14.5" midlength and it shot very well (both 53 & 75 gr)...


blake
 
Last edited:
"...found it on Bass Pro's website..." Their U.S. site?

I've only seen the U.S site. Tried Basspro.ca, just redirects you to the .com site. Having Basspro near by is nice, however I find they don't carry half the things they do online. Somethings are to be expected, however couldn't find a specific fishing rod up here and was told they wouldn't be sold in Canada.

http://www.basspro.com/Hornady-Steel-Match-Rifle-and-Handgun-Ammo/product/10212970/-1801408

Mostly interested in the .308 match. Would be nice to have match ammo that cost the same as the $1 a round budget hunting ammo I use for plinking and just general paper punching now.

Cheers,

-Karl
 
Back
Top Bottom