How does one get an RCMP antique letter?

Kevin M.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Never had to get one before, and I did not see any information on the in the stickies up top, so here goes.

My father recently purchased an Antique Webley MKII from Elwood Epps, and it did not come with the RCMP antique letter.

When I purchased my Webley WG last year, it came with one, so I did not have to worry about it.

How does one start the process of getting the antique letter from the RCMP?

(I really want to get it done ASAP.)

Thanks!
 
A printout from the FRT isn't the same thing as a letter from the RCMP - but should be evidence that the firearm has antique status.
 
I was recently wondering the same thing... but I am also curious: What is the advantage to getting an antique letter? What does it accomplish?

In my opinion, it makes it easier to explain to the not so happy officer that you have not in fact broken multiple laws, but are within your rights.

A clear statement from the RCMP themselves regarding the gun in my holster, stating that it is antique, and then the additional paperwork stating that you can pretty much do anything with an antique that you can with a Non-Restricted, and you should be good to go.
 
Back
Top Bottom