How it's made - Western Revolver SAA Replicas

Nice. Seems so simple. In fact, I think it was an episode of the show "Vice" where some thai kids were making black market handguns from scrap metal.
 
Saw that one a while back. Very cool to watch! I seem to remember that there were a few errors, in the narrators info....

Yeah. The show was originally in French, I think, and the translators are not as technical or as familiar with technical terms as they should be to be translating the stuff they are.
Usually pretty minor stuff, but it's just enough to show that the narrator or script writer were not as familiar with the stuff a they could.

They get in to some pretty cool facilities, even if they don't get very in depth into the stuff.

Cheers
Trev
 
Neat. I find it interesting that proof loads are 3x the typical charge yet people blow up guns with double charges??
 
Neat. I find it interesting that proof loads are 3x the typical charge yet people blow up guns with double charges??[/QUOTE
I'm wondering if they really mean 3times the normal pressure

At about 4:50 in the video, they say that the proof loads are 3 times normal pressure, which is entirely different than three times the load of propellant (or double, for that matter).

Cheers
Trev
 
Back
Top Bottom