How many shots do you shoot between barrel cleaning?

How many shots in between do you Clean you barrel?

  • Every other Shot!!

    Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Between 2-4 shots

    Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Between 5-8

    Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Never, I clean when i get home

    Votes: 48 78.7%

  • Total voters
    61
  • Poll closed .
I found that bore butter is terrible in cold weather.
I used to use a spit patch on trail walks, and bear grease when hunting, but have also found that the Ox Yoke stuff works fairly well.
it's almost the same as bore butter , but seems to resist cold weather better.
Cat
 
I have to clean my TC Omega after shot - I just cant reload another round...

I carry windex to the range and will carry a few soaked patches with me in the bush.

I use bore butter, but only when I clean up for the day and put the omega back in the cabinet.
 
Wooden ramrods are only for show - they hurt too much when they impale your hand and more when being removed.

I guess I have been lucky then; have broken 5 or 6 rods over the past 30 years (most because of crummy grain) and have yet to hit my hand. Main thing is to keep your hand within 6" of the muzzle while ramming. I almost never used anything but wooden rods.
On the original subject, on trail walks, 3F powder and moose milk allows me to shoot 50 shots or more (2 trails) without cleaning. Greasy lubes and 2 powder means lots of fouling for me.

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom