How much is enough?

harbl_the_cat

BANNED
CGN Ultra frequent flyer
BANNED
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I've recently taken up a "part time job" to feed the addiction (honestly, I work at a gun store).

I work for store credit one - two days a week for about $12-14/hour depending on my commissions, and I get a really good staff discount on stuff from the store.

Originally, I had said I'd use my pay from my PT job to only pay for ammo; and while I like having a closet full of ammo, I can't help but wonder when to stop stockpiling ammo and when to start buying more guns.

It's quite the conundrum I'm in; but the way I see it, the guns I have, probably won't have any mechanical failures in the next few years; but with Obama down south and all this BS I'm hearing about UN microstamping/the "War on Terror" and with everything I've seen over the past few years, it seems ammo is in short supply with the potential to get worse.

So what does everyone think? guns or boolits?
 
Get both, don't forget about accesories too, mags, sights, spare parts etc. When your closet gets full of ammo, start filling up the basement :D
 
Now let's assume zombies take over the world.

As demonstrated in many multiple undead flicks, you are lucky to be "uninfected" with maybe a dozen or so people, and typically at least in a 100K city or greater.


Now every head shot is the minimum to bring down a zombie, so factor in 1.1 shots. Multiply by population. Now if you have the other dozen folks help against the initial rush of zombies, their shots are typically poor and unpractised, therefore you need to up the amount of shots per zombie, at approximately 1.8 shot per zombie, as you're assuming after they've unloaded about 1K rounds of ammo, they start to get the hang of things.


Yes, I did just think all this up. :D
 
Now let's assume zombies take over the world.

As demonstrated in many multiple undead flicks, you are lucky to be "uninfected" with maybe a dozen or so people, and typically at least in a 100K city or greater.


Now every head shot is the minimum to bring down a zombie, so factor in 1.1 shots. Multiply by population. Now if you have the other dozen folks help against the initial rush of zombies, their shots are typically poor and unpractised, therefore you need to up the amount of shots per zombie, at approximately 1.8 shot per zombie, as you're assuming after they've unloaded about 1K rounds of ammo, they start to get the hang of things.


Yes, I did just think all this up. :D

Roughly 2 million rounds???

You didn't factor in different ammunition types for different members of your party using different guns.

For example, my untrained survival party would all probably get .22 primary and secondaries, while I'd likely carry my CQ556/HP-9/GLOCK17.

So I'd need to have an ammo distribution of something like:
50% .22,
25% .223,
10% 9mm
15% 12 gauge

And of course, the odd .308 or .45ACP (for either those long range shots, or against "super" zombies).

This actually sounds fun - I'm going to stack up like this.
 
Last edited:
I couldn't afford "enough" ammo. If I won the $49 mil, and could shoot full auto every second for the rest of my life, and I lived to be 110, I still wouldn't have "enough" ammo.
 
Who ever has enough ammo? It's easy enough to get 5000 rounds of 22LR squirrelled away and you could get 5K of x39 for under a grand. 5.56 is pricier and 308, even bulk, may make you cry. But little by little, you'll fill a sea-can.
 
Yeah, I went from a closet to a room WITH a double wide closet in two years... two years from now I'll need an addition to the house. I'm already considering converting the attic to gun room... the sloped walls would make great racks...:redface:
 
Now let's assume zombies take over the world.

As demonstrated in many multiple undead flicks, you are lucky to be "uninfected" with maybe a dozen or so people, and typically at least in a 100K city or greater.


Now every head shot is the minimum to bring down a zombie, so factor in 1.1 shots. Multiply by population. Now if you have the other dozen folks help against the initial rush of zombies, their shots are typically poor and unpractised, therefore you need to up the amount of shots per zombie, at approximately 1.8 shot per zombie, as you're assuming after they've unloaded about 1K rounds of ammo, they start to get the hang of things.


Yes, I did just think all this up. :D



For every good answer you get a retarded one such as this ...........
 
10k for each gun you own sounds about right, 1k in mags,(5 and 10rnd mags means lots of mags) 100lb of powder, 1000k(thats a million) primers, 1000k projectiles, my problem is i like to shoot lots, so i might have 10k rounds one week but the next week nothing...
 
Yeah, I went from a closet to a room WITH a double wide closet in two years... two years from now I'll need an addition to the house. I'm already considering converting the attic to gun room... the sloped walls would make great racks...:redface:

If you go this route please make sure you have a damn good method of controlling heat and humidity. I'm having horrible visions of totally rusted out guns hanging on the attic walls :runaway:
 
Back
Top Bottom