I just scored 1000 rounds of RWS 9mm

any additional info....where you purchased it to perhaps give others a chance at it as well.....????? (Me thinks he's American.....this is perhaps why the sweet deal)

http://www.weaponsworld.com/ammunition/pistol-ammunition/9mm-parabellum/rws-9mm-luger-ammunition-124-grain-full-metal-jacket-1000-round-case.html

Heard about it on Facebook of all places. Last year I was paying around $18 a box of 50 at Walmart.
 
Weapons World

from the site
About Us
WeaponsWorld.com is operated by Weapons World, Inc. We are incorporated in the State of Delaware with our principal place of business located in Clearwater Florida. Weapons World, Inc. is an internet retailer of firearms related components and accessories. Weapons World.com does not sell firearms or Federally regulated firearms components.
 
"...for just under $200..." Moot, if your pistol doesn't like it. $200US is $189.42Cdn.
"...ordered components..." No ammo without the U.S. export permit and approval from NRCAN. No components without the U.S. export permit. No matter what the value.
 
While I own some new Norinco shotguns and my Child got kinder eggs with toys in them for easter. Also, for the child we're about to have, my Wife is taking a years leave, and I am taking 6 weeks off. See, Canadians can brag too.
 
They had some of this at the gun show in Calgary a few weeks ago. I've used a lot of it in the US.

It's not as good as the older Geco branded load that was made in Germany that came in the blue and black boxes, mainly because the powder that RUAG have decided to use in the newer load is not that good, it really gums up my guns.

RUAG took over RWS-Geco a few years ago and they've apparently decided to use their plant in Thun to manufacture this load. I was quite surprised that the power choice was so crappy because other RUAG-made ammunition I've used from Thun (such as the various loads imported by TSE) have been excellent.

I'm not saying that it's bad ammo, compared to crap like Remington-UMC (which appears to have been loaded with curry powder) it's vastly superior, but if it's the finest ammo you've ever used then you need to shop around a bit more. Try a box of Federal Gold Medal for example.

The older German-made stuff was much better, the thing I liked about it was that it was designed to make minor PF in a Glock 17 so it was actually designed for target shooting, rather than merely practice.

Perhaps they'll use a cleaner burning powder in future batches, I hope so.

Personally at this precise moment in time I think CCI makes the best budget 9mm loads, the best one being the 115gr TMJ Blazer load, but it's a bit unnecessarily on the warm side. The 124gr load seems to have a different powder in it for no apparent reason that isn't as good.
 
I'm not saying that it's bad ammo, compared to crap like Remington-UMC (which appears to have been loaded with curry powder) it's vastly superior, but if it's the finest ammo you've ever used then you need to shop around a bit more. Try a box of Federal Gold Medal for example.

Around here all I can get is Remington, Winchester, Federal(some new type just sold at Wally World) and anything with a laquored steel case from Russia.

A decade ago I could get Speer Lawman which was nice but none of the dealers here carry it anymore.

Also whats Federal Gold Metal priced like? I've tried the .22 LR ammo and was very impressed.
 
Why are you even posting on a CDN site. If you can't resist at least post in the higher value $CDN and not the continuously depreciating yankee buck.
 
Also whats Federal Gold Metal priced like? I've tried the .22 LR ammo and was very impressed.

It's usually around $40-50 a box, you need a proper 9mm target pistol to make it worthwhile though. Such as the Berettas built for CMP, which is what it's designed for.

Steve's tip for the day: if you want to find out how good 9mm ammunition is, you test it in a rifle at 100m.

You'd be amazed what you find out when you do that.
 
Back
Top Bottom