I need advise- TC Encore

frodo

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
What is the best way to clean and how do I get the breech plug out? How many shots can you fire sighting it in before cleaning?
 
To clean, break the action open, remove extractor, remove plug with proper socket wrench. Clean from breech. Cleaning between shots depends on what kind of powder your using. I use Blackhorn 209, no cleaning needed till end of shooting. Triple 777 will need usually between shots, other bp substitutes vary, depends how hard it is to load. When cleaning between shots, clean from muzzle. Make sure your seating that sabot and bullet against powder every time. Use a good anti- seize compond when replacing your plug. Bore Butter is a joke stay away from it. My advice get an experienced ML shooter to coach you at first or do some serious study, your basically creating a caseless handload with every shot. Enjoy but understand what your doing.
 
When I'm sighting my inline in I swab with a spit patch every other shot, but I use real black powder, I could get away with swabbing less frequently but the longer you wait the more crud builds up in there.

I'm going to second a good anti-sieze, go down to Canadian tire and pickup a jar of automotive anti-sieze, it resists high temperatures and it'll last you forever.
 
I removed the extractor entirely - quicker to remove breech plug. I keep a nut driver with the proper socket for removing the breech plug in my kit. I used BH209 and CCI209M - so cleaning was not a problem. A guitar string (.030" I think) and proper sized finger turned long drill bit(s) kept the flash channel clear for important hunting shots. TC Encore is a great ML IMO.
 
Back
Top Bottom