I Picked Up Two Winchesters Mod 92 44-40 & 1886 45-70 Pictures Are UP

albayo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
603   0   1
I picked up two Winchesters as stated the 92 is in really great condition inside and out.
Rifle length round barrel, full mag, with a curved butt plate.

The 86 look good but has a dark bore and no pitting that I can see.
Did they put a curved on an 1886 or was it an option?
The barrel is 20" long I think it short for a gun of that caliber?
I will have pictures later tonight or tomorrow.
 
Last edited:
If that 1886 barrel is not cut down then you have a special order feature, ie a short rifle. Depending on condition, would be worth a fortune down south. You could have your serial number run at Cody for a small fee for verification. Post pictures.
 
The curved buttplate was standard on the '86. The shotgun butt was a special order, as was a shorter barrel. The standard barrel length was 26". Photos would be nice.
 
Back
Top Bottom