Importing an antique from the UK

I thinking on buying an antique martini Sporter in 577/450 from the UK and wonder if anyone has done this.

Warning.... I only imported some from usa, and cbsa hassles and delays you and to top it off charges you tax and handling fee to inspect....is that there jobs?!
I also got some inert antique ammo from Europe, and cbsa held it for months and still charged the above fees.
If you are ok with above and more... it should eventually work out with enough time, proper paperwork and lots of patience... haha.
Regards Dag
 
I thinking on buying an antique martini Sporter in 577/450 from the UK and wonder if anyone has done this.

Few years back I imported couple Webley Mark 2 revolvers from USA . I never had any problem with CBSA or anybody . All I had to do was get the Antique status letter from RCMP and send couple copies to the seller and he sent a copy with the revolvers . Mail man left the notice at my door and I pick them up from post office after paying GST . The seller have to follow the law of their country . Try to arrange the antique status letter before you make the payment . I usually got them in couple of days by email ... Good Luck ...
 
Back
Top Bottom