Just a slight correction, it's new CFC policy not rules.
It's the new policy from the antique division of the CFC as of Jan 1st 2012 (or so I've been informed). Not law or regs, pure policy for policy sake. It's become a two tier system in which PAL holders must register and de-register the antique (de-register should they find it antique of course) while the regular citizen can apply via email and get the letter issued or denied the old way. Such two tier treatment and policy must go, but of course we don't want to rock the boat so we jump through the hoops provided infront of us.
derslav your-- makes no sence-- is so right. It was my worry and for that reason I insisted on confirmation from CFC that the gun in question was antique and got that before doing the registration (I had good pics from the seller and all info but was one of the iffy antiques) For someone new to importing remember these sellers and the gun may be many thousands of miles away in the US. it can be a scary thing. Please trust me on this, not a number one expert on antique guns but many years of buying and selling vintage sleds and parts in the U.S. If you want something bad enough and it may be one of a kind, money has to be paid up front immediatley at end of auction, you don,t know seller from Adam. Deals have gone bad. How do I knowAh that changes the story. It is a policy. I have seen that before from RCMP playing law makers not law enforcement. It is not a law then. Thanks for the correction. What happens if such firearm is found to be a restricted firearm once registered before imported from usa? I thought we are not allowed to import without a permit? We end up with registered firearm that is not in the country.. Makes no sense as usual...
NOW my question. Do they shred and or delete that registration from their systemI bet NOT.



























