Importing Antique firearms?

Doryman

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick question for the Antiquers from a wannabe; What are the rules, if any, around importing antique firearms from the US? Is it legal for a private citizen to do so, or does it need to go through a middleman? Should I do so, what steps would I have to take to getting it declared an antique here in Canada?

The reason I'm asking is because I've seen a couple instances of fairly cheap antique Webleys in stock in American stores and I have been wanting to satisfy a Webley urge for a long time...
 
As long as it is classed as an antique in both countries, it's not an issue have, your paperwork defining what an antique firearm is at the ready to simplify things when you declare at customs. Make sure you follow transport regs. you can ask for an antiques letter from CFC which invoves kind of registering and unregistering but you will have to provide the make model and ser#. If you were to contact Cgn'er Dingus, he would be able to give you a more definitive answer. BTW, not all webleys are eligible to be antiques
 
Back
Top Bottom