Is .32 rimefire powerful enough for small game?

50 rounds or .32rf goes around 80$ and up so yes it is costly. About hunting small game with it as always shot placement would go a long way I don't think you would have any problems taking out small game with a .32rf .
 
Is it hard to find ammo?

It is extremely hard to find, and isn't produced anymore at least not in any ammounts.

Any stuff I have seen for sale is closer to $100 for 50 rounds, and at that price it is hard to justify.

That said you might want to talk to Tactical870. He makes brass cases that are reloadable using a .22 blank, some black powder, and a particular size lead shot.

I have been thinking about buying an antique revolver and he would be my first option for ammo.

I also have a link for a european company that sells, reloadable cases, and lead for various antique cartridges.

PM me if you want the link.

Cheers
Mark
 
A 32rf rifle would probably manage it.

I wouldn't try with a pistol for many reasons (accuracy limited, questionable pressure from the standard pistol barrel and moderate cylinder gap pistol, most provinces' regulations don't allow for hunting with non-listed tools, raising a fuss with anyone that comes across you, etc etc etc)
 
.32 RF revolvers are deffinatly not hunting tools, close range self defense is all they were intended for.

They group fairly poorly, usually hit high and have bad barrel to cylinder gaps like mentioned above.

Rifles on the other hand, sure they would drop rabbits and the like no problem.

My revolvers will punch through a 2x4 no problem for example and they are all snubbies.
 
My Remington Elliot is very accurate has 4 barrels and there regulated.
I enjoy shooting it so much i just bought another one.
I find it much more accurate than the 32 rf revolvers.
Maby because the ammo is up each barrel so gets a good start with no cylinder gap to jump.

The 32 Rf ammo i have shot is plenty powerfull enough to kill anything id shoot at with a 22lr i figger.
32 RF in a rolling block rifle they would be very deadly.
 
Back
Top Bottom