Is 7x64 factory ammunition still available?

7x 64

Anybody? Is Norma not available in Canada?

G man

I'll have a look for you down at P&D but I'm thinking loaded ammo for this round hasn't been available for a very long time. Norma may make it, but why would any retailer be bringing it in?
I had a call last week from a guy hoping to find loaded ammo in 7x61 Sharp & Hart, another fellow right after looking for 9.62 x 63. FS
 
7X64 is very much alive and well, especially in Europe. Dosnt help you any, however, Norma does make several differnt rounds. As does RWS and others. Try Del Selin Guns in Vernon BC, and Reliable Gun in Vancouver.
 
I shoot a 7x64, and have had no trouble finding ammo, but I just pick it up when I run across some in a shop. Can't say for sure who stocks it, but any shop that can order Norma, RWS,PMP, Sellier & Bellot, Ingman, PMC, and several others can get it for you. I also have a good stock of the old Remington and Federal stuff, but it's about 15 years old and not made any more.
I've never understood why it isn't popular here, it certainly is one of the long time and current standards in Europe.
 
It is so similar to the 280 Remington that it has not achieved a lot of popularity. Many North Americans prefer to use the domestic chambering rather than the 7x64. Eagleye.
 
Back
Top Bottom