I am wondering is there rules in regards to transporting BP, to the range or hunting etc?
Like locked metal box, or just by range bag is fine?
I remember hearing somthing about black powder being electrostatic sensitive. I wouldnt think that a conductive container would be the best of ideas.
Metal container is a bad idea, as it becomes a glorified pipe bomb if something goes wrong.
If a metal container is so bad, why is the original container metal?
There's a video out there of someone unsuccessfully trying to ignite BP with ststic electricity, maybe try a google search.
Cheers nessy.
Keep it in the container it comes in. Just simply discharge static by touching a grounded object before handling.
The guy in this experiment proves the point: http://www.ctmuzzleloaders.com/ctml_experiments/sparks/sparks.html
yes there is. see post #7.


The seams are purposely built very weak on powder cans, I just keep it in the original can.If a metal container is so bad, why is the original container metal?



























