Lee's Carbine, US civil war era, made 1864-1865 - looking for knowledge about it.
I just recently acquired one of these.
The stamping says Lee's Firearms Co., Milwaukee Wis. Pat'd July 22, 1862.
The rifle open sideways, and the hammer still functions.
From what I can find it was a 44RF caliber, and only around 200 were made, and
it was probably made in 1864-1865. He has a contract with the Union to make 1000, but it fell through.
I have seen a few US auctions for them and seen some info on James Lee, the inventor.
I just I am just wondering if anyone has had any contact with one of them and has anymore information.
Thanks in advance.
I have pictures, but nothing knowledge to post them yet. I will work on that.
I just recently acquired one of these.
The stamping says Lee's Firearms Co., Milwaukee Wis. Pat'd July 22, 1862.
The rifle open sideways, and the hammer still functions.
From what I can find it was a 44RF caliber, and only around 200 were made, and
it was probably made in 1864-1865. He has a contract with the Union to make 1000, but it fell through.
I have seen a few US auctions for them and seen some info on James Lee, the inventor.
I just I am just wondering if anyone has had any contact with one of them and has anymore information.
Thanks in advance.
I have pictures, but nothing knowledge to post them yet. I will work on that.
Last edited:


















































