kentucky rifles

hardek

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Location
manitoba
Hello. Does anyone know where I can buy a kentucky rifle muzzle loader in canada. I am looking for a precussion rifle. I can get a flintlock one in winnipeg at cabelas, but they won't get the precussion one. I have tried contacting some gunsmiths in my area but they don't seem to be able to help me. I have all my licenses and wonder if mailorder may be the way to go. I like the look of the traditions kentucky rifle but I don't know where to get it.I may be interested in a kit for this rifle. thank you for any help.Oh yes i think I want a 50 caliber.
 
Wholesale sports carries traditions I think, also try throwing an add up on the EE. Or if you wanted an antique one outta the states try track of the wolf or gunbroker.

Cheers, McLean
 
Last summer, I discovered the fun of Black Powder, and did a bunch of purchases, all Factory Guns. (ie Italian or Spanish made). I also did lots of research on what one could get in Canada. As you mention, Cabelas, and Wholesale Sports both sell the Traditions Kentucky, but in flintlock, and around $360.00 before shipping & taxes. Le Baron, a company with stores in Quebec and Ontario sell the Lyman brand of rifle, but no Kentucky. During the fall, I called Bass Pro Shops in Vaughan, Ontario, part of the American chain. They had a Traditions Kentucky Percussion, in kit form, for around $330.00. All the previously mentioned rifles are in .50 calibre, quite the popular calibre in Canada. A place called Shooters Choice (the Gun Room) in Kitchener, Ontario, sells the Pedersoli line of BP Guns. Their Kentucky percussions go for $570.00, their Kentucky flints go for $610.00. Ellwood Epps in Orillia, Ontario sells various brands of BP Guns. Marstar sells/sold Armisport, and Pedersoli; but I understand one or more of the Italian factories have had some labour issues, which has reduced availability. When doing your own research, ensure you understand the difference between Traditional Muzzleloaders, and the Modern Inlines. I believe you will want to stick with the Traditional MLs.
May I suggest you also consider the purchase of a flintlock, in addition to the percussion. Once you try both, you will not want to give up either.
I hope this helps.
 
Last edited:
To hardek,
Be very cautious with the Bass Pro Shop website. You can go direct to the Canadian store's website, store located in Vaughan, Ontario, just north of Toronto. But as soon as you enter any of the sub-sites for prices, you are transferred to the Main US Site, and all prices are in US Dollars. In order to find out 1. if the Canadian store has it, or can get it, and 2. the price in Canadian Dollars, you have to contact the store. Unfortunately no 1-800- line, it is long distance. But when I contacted them, I bit the bullet on my phone bill, as I prefer real people. I am sure you can find their web address.
Hope this helps too.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom