Kirst Converter & the ROA

Brutus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
118   0   1
So I very recently purchased a 45 Colt cartridge conversion cylinder off our EE.

Anyone else have this one or the Howell's/R&D version in 45LC or 45ACP?
What results have you had with various BP/BP substitute powders, etc, and how was the accuracy at 20 or 25 yards??

Impressions and opinions from first hand experience please?

Cheers...........
 
No first hand experience with those conversions, although I've some experience with the ROA. I almost snapped up that conversion kit myself just in case I picked up an ROA "one day".

But that sir, FWIW, is a heckuva nice lookin' Old Army.

Will be interested to hear how it does work, for you.
 
Thank you NorthCoastBigBore.
This pic is a bit of a cheat because I borrowed one cylinder from the other 5.5inch one.

So happens this is the Liberty model. Nothing special just a bit of extra info. Got the Belt Mountain kit a while back and when I get this to a range I'll post results.

Cheers!
 
I was getting inferior groups with my conversIon with factory loads; vast improvement once handloaded. Current 45LC is .452", vs. .454-455" handloads. Neither is as tight as .457" roundballs.
 
I have a Pietta .44 cap & ball that came with a 5 shot Kirst conversion in .45 Colt. Love it!

I had ignition troubles with cap & ball ignition initially as the hammer spring strain screw wasn't even making contact with the spring! Once I sorted that out, it was fine.
 
Back
Top Bottom