Lever revolution ammo

If you guys noted, he mentioned a through and through shot at 50 yards... and the 425 yard "Hail Mary". Doesn't anyone besides myself interpret this as such: He shot the animal at 50 yards, and as it ran away he didn't want to let the wounded animal get away and suffer a slower death, so he hauled off the Hail Mary when it finally stopped long enough for him to get another bead on it. In this case such a shot would be the ethical thing to do.

I would like to interpret it that way, but that is not how it was written.
 
I hate trying to decipher some peoples posts. You may want to elaborate on your story so we know what your talking about. Was this two separate incidents ?????

In any case, still not sure what kind of performance you think you would get at that distance.
 
I like the concept of the Leverevolution and I can't imagine a reputable bullet maker like Hornady scamming sportsmen with hype. Can't speak as to how deadly it is in comparison to normal 30-30 loads as I haven't killed with it but I do trust the manufacturer.

The velocity figures may have been in the realm of "hype" :evil: , but IIRC it was the BC that really made it stand out from regular loads? :)
 
Back
Top Bottom