Living In NB we are restricted to .224 and under in the woods for much of the year outside of the big game season. however ML is also permitted. Now i'm considering one.
I was thinking of a Thompson as it could be a modular platform but alas barrels are expensive , so is the ML to start with relatively. So I was looking for opinions from some of you guys who know your stuff.
I'd say I'm looking for a 50 cal modern ML .... yanno the ones the purists hate -- there is no special ML season here or anything like that .... I mostly want one because I can carry it with me all year round , and blasting a Yote with one sounds like fun too.
I'd like as compact a unit as possible OAL
Easy to Clean (relatively)
The ability to mount a scope
Good open sights preferably peep sights or the ability to change over to them easily.
And Finally I'm not in a hurry and don't want to break the bank.
I'd imagine using Sabots and pellets ... but want to use powder as well .... wouldn't mind one that could shoot a projectile I produced.
I've seen some kits out there but don't know what i need.
I'm sure I've left some things out
Many thanks
I was thinking of a Thompson as it could be a modular platform but alas barrels are expensive , so is the ML to start with relatively. So I was looking for opinions from some of you guys who know your stuff.
I'd say I'm looking for a 50 cal modern ML .... yanno the ones the purists hate -- there is no special ML season here or anything like that .... I mostly want one because I can carry it with me all year round , and blasting a Yote with one sounds like fun too.
I'd like as compact a unit as possible OAL
Easy to Clean (relatively)
The ability to mount a scope
Good open sights preferably peep sights or the ability to change over to them easily.
And Finally I'm not in a hurry and don't want to break the bank.
I'd imagine using Sabots and pellets ... but want to use powder as well .... wouldn't mind one that could shoot a projectile I produced.
I've seen some kits out there but don't know what i need.
I'm sure I've left some things out
Many thanks


















































