Loads for me new boot pistol?

Oddbawl

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Location
Beyond
I'll concede there's been a lull in Highwayman and Pirate raids in my area; but I can't help but think they're planning something big.
I picked up this delightful little brass fella and wondering where I should start for loads. It's about 52 cal, a 50 ball rolls down the pipe easily, but with a paper towel patch, it's snug enough. Just for kicks, I 3/4 filled a 9mm case with FFFg to see if it goes bang.
It does. Indeed it does.

20170313_204525_zpsnj5wsvti.jpg
 
With detail measurements like that I would guess about 12/14 grains and that would be just about right according to my info. These little fellas can be a lot of fun-might even go thru 3/4" plywood. Cheers
 
With that background it's hard to tell...Is she steel or all brass ( that makes a difference how much you could load in it ) ?
Interesting piece, anyway. 50 cal seems quite big for a boot pistol.

CG
 
It's all brass, the barrel is fixed, not a screw off. It's got a Belgian proof mark. Definitely bigger than .50, so maybe a hip wader pistol rather than a boot pistol.
20170314_073031_zps5lkkqevf.jpg

20170314_073149_zpsn5qvo9g1.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom