Looking for Good Quality 7.62 X 54 R and 6.5 X 50SR Jap

Drachenblut

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
91   0   1
Location
Smithers, B.C.
Hey everyone,

I am looking for sources for 7.62 X 54 R for use in my semi auto SVT 40 and 6.5 X 50 Semi Rimmed Japanese for use in my Arisaka Type 38. I can't find the reloading powder charges for any powders/bullet mixes for the 6.5 ANYWHERE. And the last box I bought of the stuff was some 1960's Norma @ the tune of 45 bucks a box! The only decent non corrosive 7.62 X 54R I know of is PRIVI Partisan.

Any thoughts?

- D
 
"...for the 6.5..." Hodgdon's site. Look for 6.5 x 50mm Japanese. I believe Norma is still the only game for ammo or brass. Try Epp's. They don't list 6.5, but they can get Norma stuff. Won't be cheap. Shooter's Choice, in Waterloo, lists Hornady dies at $82.95, but you'll have to order 'em. You won't find surplus 6.5 Jap ammo. Cabela's, Stateside, lists Hornady ammo too, but I don't see it on Hornady's site. Not likely imported anyway.
Winchester loads 7.62 X 54. So does Sellier & Bellot and Igman(Epp's). Try Goble's, in London, for Winchester and Sellier & Bellot ammo. They carry Norma as well.
 
Back
Top Bottom