A friend of mine was given this firearm. He has never fired it, and he believes the original owner had never fired either, he was a collector of sorts. He is just looking to what the value of it would be, he may sell it, or keep it and display it, if it is not worth much.
The firearm in question is called "The Kentuckian" Made in Italy, I was unable to find a manufactures name on it, maybe it is common, or not. It is .45 Cal. percussian. He was told at a dealer that it was worth about $500 trade in value. It is in absolute immaculate condition, the pics show rust on the brass, but I can assure you, it is just the photo. Also, it looked to me like the rod, was made of a different type of wood, it is not the same colour or grain as the stock, I wasn't sure if it was original, or if the original was lost and a replacement was found. Under the "patch" box there was another number stamped, 268 I believe, the pic just didn't turn out.
Here is a couple of pics, if you need more to determine, he can take them, and then forward them to me, if necessary.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
The firearm in question is called "The Kentuckian" Made in Italy, I was unable to find a manufactures name on it, maybe it is common, or not. It is .45 Cal. percussian. He was told at a dealer that it was worth about $500 trade in value. It is in absolute immaculate condition, the pics show rust on the brass, but I can assure you, it is just the photo. Also, it looked to me like the rod, was made of a different type of wood, it is not the same colour or grain as the stock, I wasn't sure if it was original, or if the original was lost and a replacement was found. Under the "patch" box there was another number stamped, 268 I believe, the pic just didn't turn out.
Here is a couple of pics, if you need more to determine, he can take them, and then forward them to me, if necessary.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks


















































