Looking for info on tower of London musket???

aklavik

Regular
EE Expired
Rating - 82.7%
61   13   1
Location
Cariboo BC
No idea what this is. Original black powder musket . Black rifles are my thing. I can't figure out how to post pics here but can email if u pm me. gem or junk? I'm leaning twords gem. Would like to share pics of this cool snap shot of history
 
FYI, 'Tower' simply shows where it was assembled, from a collection of shopped-out components from all over the country. The Tower of London was at the time the principal armoury of the kingdom. You are not alone in being confungled by the image posting system here - I've been here for years and I still don't get it.
 
Here are aklavik’s pic’s

DC1165DF-270E-4B35-AB76-597757E29B7E.jpgEB07EB0B-D6A9-4277-9276-3006EA3132BE.jpg01FA7F1B-9DE1-4E7C-878A-9552035F7EF4.jpgEE202892-4DF5-4663-8C06-E97BB15299C7.jpg
 

Attachments

  • DC1165DF-270E-4B35-AB76-597757E29B7E.jpg
    DC1165DF-270E-4B35-AB76-597757E29B7E.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 97
  • EB07EB0B-D6A9-4277-9276-3006EA3132BE.jpg
    EB07EB0B-D6A9-4277-9276-3006EA3132BE.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 97
  • 01FA7F1B-9DE1-4E7C-878A-9552035F7EF4.jpg
    01FA7F1B-9DE1-4E7C-878A-9552035F7EF4.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 98
  • EE202892-4DF5-4663-8C06-E97BB15299C7.jpg
    EE202892-4DF5-4663-8C06-E97BB15299C7.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 98
The lock is without VR under the crown and lacks crown broad arrow stamp so it was made for private not British govt sale. Likely one of the several hundred thousand made for US and Csa 1861-65.
 
Tks guys. I knew if anyone in Canada could Id this it would be cgn members. As I am into modern black rifles I have no idea as to value of something like this is it collectable or something to hang on the wall?
 
Back
Top Bottom