looking for manufacturing date

zeddy32

Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My first gun as a kid was an old cooey model 60 that predates serial numbers for these guns. I still hunt with this gun as my main small game rifle and have for 30 yrs. I'm just curios if there is another way to tell about when it was made.
 
Others might add more detail, but I believe the scroll engraving changed at some specific years. In 1924, he received an award in London, England for the design of his early 22 Rifle. In 1929, his manufacturing was moved to Cobourg, Ontario. "H. W.Cooey Machine & Arms Company" was sold to Olin Corporation (Winchester) in 1961, and I believe several Model numbers were changed around that time (I stand to be corrected, but I believe that is when the Model 60 became the Model 600).
 
Back
Top Bottom