Looking for parts/info on 1870 Snider Enfield

336

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
Bc Canada
Posted this over on the milsurp section but was told I might get some more help over here.
I inherited this Snider Enfield and I'd like to hang it up on my wall in my basement. I'm looking for a couple pieces that seem to have gone missing in the last 150 years. Hoping somebody could point me in the right direction to find a couple things for it. I need the forend cap and I believe it used to have a cleaning rod as well. I've got no clue where to even start looking for parts for something this old or if anything is even available for it. Also would like some info on what some of the markings mean and where this rifle would have been used.
Thanks for any advice
Here's a couple pictures of it
1870 Enfield https://imgur.com/gallery/xeFcE
And here's some photos of the markings. Sorry for the phone pictures, my good camera bit the dust.
Enfield markings https://imgur.com/gallery/dPy8p
 
Back
Top Bottom