Losing our History

Until the laws change (particularly antique laws), I simply don't see this situation changing much. Getting a gun across the Canada/US border legally tends to be such a (often quite costly) hassle that once a gun gets there, or here, it tends to stay where it is.
I just imported a non-antique, non-restricted Winchester Model 53 via Prophet River. Cost was $200 plus GST and shipping. I've done it myself, but it requires a trip to the border and I don't save much. I've also imported a few antique (by US laws) firearms. The cost was merely the PST and GST, although I brought them through Canada Customs myself.
 
I have been friends with Joe for over 25 years. He was there for my wife and I back in 1991 when I went from 195 on March break to 125 on Fathers day. Everyone thought I was going to kick the bucket including myself. They found the problem and got it under control. I have sold Joe some nice guns over the years and his checks are always welcome.
You left out one thing, lots of gun owners sell because they think the government is going to take them later on. So might as well sell them while they can.
It just shows us how mis-information has influenced the Canadian market.
Everyone can sell their firearms but they are interested in getting the highest price. If they live in Eastern Canada, are a senior citizens, and don't have or use a computer they don't have many options.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom