Anyone shooting the Lyman 457193 with BP? I've been using it in my Browning '86 for years but have yet to give it a go in my Shiloh '74's.
I've read that BPCR shooters like it for 200m chickens due to less recoil compared to 520-550 gr bullets.
I can shoot my "Business Rifle" all day from prone using the 457125/520 gr, but I find the recoil from my #1 "Sporter" gets noticeable after just 20 rds.
The BR has a curved butt whereas the #1 has a shotgun butt. I find the BR almost too much for off hand use, and the #1 less tiring.
I've read that BPCR shooters like it for 200m chickens due to less recoil compared to 520-550 gr bullets.
I can shoot my "Business Rifle" all day from prone using the 457125/520 gr, but I find the recoil from my #1 "Sporter" gets noticeable after just 20 rds.
The BR has a curved butt whereas the #1 has a shotgun butt. I find the BR almost too much for off hand use, and the #1 less tiring.


















































