Lyman lock replacement

furwall

New member
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Location
Alberta
I've found a Lyman flinter that I'm interested it but the lock is in need of replacement. I have looked on the Track of Wolf web site and I see that they supply replacement locks by L&R. Is this as good a lock as any or is there a better locks out there that I should consider.

Furwall
 
Over the past few years I have had good luck with several different models of flint and percussion locks from L&R. However, recently I purchased one of their percussion locks that was away below par and had to spend several hours getting it functional, rather than go through the hassle of sending it back across the border to them. So a bit more than a week ago I emailed to L&R with my situation and as yet they haven't given me the courtesy of a reply... If Jim Chambers or Davis make a replacement for your gun, I would go with either of them as a first choice.
Good luck.
 
Back
Top Bottom