Mad Science

Emmer

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Location
Somewhere in BC
You know..... Some of the deals out there for "cheap" Norinco 1911 45's have got me thinking......

After a spot of research it might be interesting to shoot a semi auto 1911 on BP, or at least syn BP.

OK, Right about now a few of you just blew a gasket (Chuckle). "Why the hell would you shoot BP from a 1911 and ruin it" might be thought.

Actually a few have tried it and it works just fine, provided you do not use traditional BP.

So far I have found that "about" 15gr of Hodgson 777 fffg (ffg doesn't have enought oomph) and 1/16 compression behind a 200gr bullet seems to be what works really well and you can shoot hundreds without issue with no damage to the gun.
Simple water clean up and olive oil (very sparingly) for lube.

I have to save a few $ to pick up one but I think I just may do it... just because.

Anyone know of any negative legalities in canada for doing this?
 
Back
Top Bottom