Mas 1873/1874

guess_kto

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
222   0   1
Location
Brantfort, ON
I figured that it would be useful to start a thread on this revolver.So people could share and ask questions.

My question is how do you feed them? What are options here? Rechamber? Reload? Where do you get reloading supplies?

Revolver_modèle_1873.JPG
 
Last edited:
My 1873 commercial MAS is already a 45 auto cal model according to the FRT. It shoots 455 Webley MKII large and small primer brass perfectly! Even 455 Colt and 455 Eley. Fun to shoot.
 
Last edited:
OP, I just purchased one of these recently and I'm looking to reload for it as well.

Yes, I've seen the recommendation to use cut down 44-40 brass and .452 bullets. I see that jethunter has heeled .452 bullets on his website for the M1873 but I don't know the heeled dia or the mouth id on the 44-40 case. If these are compatible the only other question is how to crimp the case to prevent recoil bullet creep.

I've never dealt with a heeled bullet before so need some help with the crimp process.
 
OP, I just purchased one of these recently and I'm looking to reload for it as well.

Yes, I've seen the recommendation to use cut down 44-40 brass and .452 bullets. I see that jethunter has heeled .452 bullets on his website for the M1873 but I don't know the heeled dia or the mouth id on the 44-40 case. If these are compatible the only other question is how to crimp the case to prevent recoil bullet creep.

I've never dealt with a heeled bullet before so need some help with the crimp process.
Old west bullet moulds has what you need.crimping dies
 
Back
Top Bottom