I am a muzzle loading snob that typically prefers the almighty patched round ball for my shooting.
Conicals have been a PITA for me. I would only use them for hunting and if I do I want to drive those suckers as hard and fast as I can. The Buffalo Bullet Company used to have a lightweight conical that would stabilize in my 1:48 twist barrel...but they must have gone out of business because I can't find them anywhere anymore.
The heavy bullets from Hornady and Lee key-hole at 100 yards and accuracy isn't worth spit.
So it was that I ordered some minies from Dixie...and I got plain lead conicals with no lube on them. I melted up a batch of bore butter and dunked them all in it - will that be enough lube for them do you think? I have never worked with these things before, any advice you might have is sincerely appreciated.
Conicals have been a PITA for me. I would only use them for hunting and if I do I want to drive those suckers as hard and fast as I can. The Buffalo Bullet Company used to have a lightweight conical that would stabilize in my 1:48 twist barrel...but they must have gone out of business because I can't find them anywhere anymore.
The heavy bullets from Hornady and Lee key-hole at 100 yards and accuracy isn't worth spit.
So it was that I ordered some minies from Dixie...and I got plain lead conicals with no lube on them. I melted up a batch of bore butter and dunked them all in it - will that be enough lube for them do you think? I have never worked with these things before, any advice you might have is sincerely appreciated.


















































