model 1894 serial#1900xx

onslow

New member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have a model 1894 in 30wcf that dates to 1900. It has a saddle ring and the barrel is marked 30wcf. I am wondering if these are valuable/collectable?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
 
Condition is everything. In my area you could probably get $300 to over $1000 for a high condition rifle, there are very few 94 SRC's found in high condition, they were work rifles and are usually well worn. They are collectable even in .30/30 especially if the rifle is in good shape. Like NCBB said, photos are a must for any intelligent estimate.
 
Sure use a hosting company, I use:

h ttp://imgur.com/?noFlash (remove the space between "h" & "ttp")

After you upload, on the right hand side you will see a series of options for link including "forums & message boards" then simply copy & paste into your post

If you get stuck there is another sticky on the forum somewhere (check the EE) if you need some other guidance; or just post your question here & we'll try and help you (if you need)

NCBB
 
pictures (i hope)

hGz25.jpg
 
Yup they are coming through.

Try and take some from different angles (may need to reduce the resolution so they fit better on the screen) - and if possible, try and get some of the bore because, depending on the specific rifle, the condition of the bore and chamber can end up being determinative factors on value. Close up of the receiver and such as well so the amount of any original finish that remains can be estimated. EDIT: OK I see you posted a close up while I wrote this - other side with the loading gate would be good.

From what I see there it is a standard model (I learned here the other day the saddle rings were actually standard equipment) with much of the original finish worn off (although the barrel appears to have some bluing) - have you shot it? If so, any deformed brass or sticky extractions? Does it feed & eject?
 
Just a suggestion but you may want to black out the serial # (or part of it) in the picture - up to you.

Is the #"1" in that serial # missing the upper "flag"? (ends up looking like an "L") that was a hallmark of a couple of years' production but yours may be just after they fixed the stamp.
 
Little finish remaining, stocks sanded(looks like the steel is proud of the wood) especially around the tang area. IF the bore is good you might get $450 for it in my area. The rear sight is not a standard carbine sight, it looks like a two leaf and may be Winchester, can't see it good enough.
 
You're doing fine, good work on the first uploads. I ain't exactly technologically inclined myself.

From what I can see, most of the bluing is worn off; the condition of the screws indicates it has been taken apart at some point(s) in its life but I don't see the telltale smoothing on the screws that could suggest refinishing.

Either way, my opinion based on what I see there is that it is a shooter with good original wood and metal that is in good shape and that, if tight and with a good bore, would drop you in the middle in terms of value so likely in the 400-600 range. Just my opinion I look forward to some other guys' views.

These are nice rifles regardless and even without provenance they have history and are interesting in their own right.
 
No real comment on the value , you guys are probably right on but just want to say that: To me that is a very nice example of 94 carbeen, Congrats! just the way I like to see them, used a little hard and put away wet. There is just something about old 94's, civil war guns and old colt revolvers, everything else can look new and I guess I will put up with it. But not them.
 
Back
Top Bottom