My .43 Mauser

No hijack intended but, if 45-70 Trapdoor loads work for .43 Mauser (11.15x60R) would this apply for .43 Spanish (11.15x58R), .43 Egyptian (11.43x50R) and M77 Werndl (11.15x58)?

Yes, but only IF:

a. their action strength is as strong as, or stronger than the Springfield Trapdoor (28K CUP or less);
b. their case capacities are the same or greater than the 45-70 (79 grs water); and
c. their bore sizes are the same or larger than 0.458"

a. and b. hold true for the M71/84 Mauser (stronger) and the 11.15X60R (larger at approximately 90 grs), but its bore size is slightly smaller at 0.446".
 
Understood, thanks Andy.
These three ctgs meet the criteria.
The firearms have the Remington Rolling Block and the Werndl has the Revolving Block. Both of these systems, I think, would meet or exeed the Trap Door for pressure ratings.
 
Werndl is a nice solid little action; just wish I could find one!

As to the Remington, you should have no troubles. It LOOKS weak but it is anything BUT. The Proof House at Liege tried to blow one up. They pulled the slug from a cartridge and loaded that into the Chamber, then added 750 grains of powder and 3 DOZEN slugs, hammered in from th Muzzle. The CHARGE was the full 34 inches or so of that long, early Barrel. Then they pulled the string.

THE GUN HELD.

*****************************

Early .45-70 was the .45-70-500. Mauser round was 11.15x60R, which was .433-77-385. Werndl cartridge was .433-77-380.

Hope this helps.
 
I load the 43 with lots of diff powders, I'm willing to help out
Anyone who needs data, I have videos on YouTube shooting mine
Showing groups, also discussing each load I'm trying
Look up 43 Mauser at the range, just did vid on loading shells
For 43 with just basic tools, no press. No dies,
 
Werndl is a nice solid little action; just wish I could find one!












Keep looking, they are out there. I have a few.
My currant fav is an 1867 carbine. I make brass from cut down 7.62x54R, bullets are .452 lead and (so far) 8gr. Unique. = Min. of pie plate at 100m.
I love it!

*****************************

Early .45-70 was the .45-70-500. Mauser round was 11.15x60R, which was .433-77-385. Werndl cartridge was .433-77-380.

Hope this helps.

Yes, it does thanks
 
Hi if you haven't found brass yet it looks like rusty wood trading co ,located in mission bc has bertram in stock from his web site Cheers
 
I have no idea how it got upside down guys lol
I checked it out myself, I can watch it in my cell as
I recorded it but its upside down on YouTube
I'll try and fix it, I'm heading back to range soon, rain here
All weekend so it's going to kill things, not all the vids are
Upside down, I'm loading ammo tomorrow so I will do
A couple on diff guns I have also a vid on loading 2400 Alliant
Powder in 43 Mauser along with some 4570 loads iny handi
Rifle
 
We had a 71/84 on our table at Kamloops this year and no one paid any attention to it. I still have it here if anyone is looking $250 plus shipping.
I didn't figure there was much sence in putting in the exchange forum.

Contact me via PM or through our website.

Marc
 
We had a 71/84 on our table at Kamloops this year and no one paid any attention to it. I still have it here if anyone is looking $250 plus shipping.
I didn't figure there was much sence in putting in the exchange forum.

Contact me via PM or through our website.

Marc

Full Wood?
All matching?
If so, I'll take it. $250.00 + shipping OK.
EMT or MO, OK
 
i just bought today a 71/84 dated 1887 all numbers match in very good shape paid 330$ plus got 10 empty dominion brass......................anyone can share / trade some lead bullets ?? i load for my martini henry im sure if i get bullets the reast is easy peasy.
 
I have 2 MORE of them coming to the refuge here. That will make 4 of the 71/84, 2 of the K.71 and the wreckage of a single B.71 which was utterly savaged by Bubba.

Janice has the shop pretty-much set up, 3 lathes installed. Next the Mill.

And we have at least 1 of each part!

Doesn't get too terribly cold this coming winter, the world could become an interesting place.
 
tried to reload my dominion brass ( 8 came with my gun ) bad news when fired ( load was 65gn of 2f powder) the rear of the shell blew off ...........no injury or damage but no way I am shooting the other 7 old dominion cases.

do new made cases have a similar flaw of coming apart at the base ?

it was no fun getting the separated case out of the chamber but 20 min at home it came out.
 
tried to reload my dominion brass ( 8 came with my gun ) bad news when fired ( load was 65gn of 2f powder) the rear of the shell blew off ...........no injury or damage but no way I am shooting the other 7 old dominion cases.


do new made cases have a similar flaw of coming apart at the base ?

it was no fun getting the separated case out of the chamber but 20 min at home it came out.


I've mainly seen fractures along the neck, for Dominion brass....
 
Dominion cases have been working for me
Have had 3
Crack in base into primer pocket " balloon head"'
Style cases were know for it , however if anyone wishes
To need load data or brass conversion tips
I'd be happy to help,
 
Back
Top Bottom