My Last Parker Hale Model 1858 PICTURES UP

albayo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
603   0   1
I am downsizing my collection.
I am going to put the last of my Parker Hale black powder rifles up for sale.
Its a model 1858 in 577 caliber and its never been fired.
Some call it the Sargent's model that takes a sword bayonet.
No box or anything with it just the gun in VG to Exc wood and metal.
Any idea what they are worth.
Pictures to follow.

This is something I found on the 1858s.
A Parker Hale manufactured 1858 Enfield Naval Pattern rifle. It was considered one of the most accurate weapons of its day. Chambered .577 .A perfect and flawless copy of the original, they are also no longer in production. Front sight is blued steel base and blade. Rear sight is blued steel w/elevator. Features brass nose cap, trigger guard, butt plate, blued steel barrel bands, colour case-hardened lock. Engraved lockplate marked "1858 Enfield" ahead of hammer & crown over "PH" on tail. Barrel is marked "Parker Hale Ltd. Birmingham. England.
I added pictures of the Victorian Officers Pouch.





















 
Last edited:
I've seen them for sale asking from $400-$1000 or so.

No idea what they actually sold or sell for though.

It's one thing to demand big $ for something, another to find someone who wants it that much.
 
Last edited:
What are those leather items with the designs on them?

Rifle looks pretty much perfect.

Chain and cap protector gone?

You can buy repros of those.

There are a couple of PH Musketoons for sale on the Antiques EE. 2 different asking prices, both pretty much sitting there. The market for them isn't very deep it seems.

I've had a few of the PH's, beautiful guns they are. Love the fact that they were made in England.
 
The Muskatoons are the most common and usually go for the least amount of money.
I think the combination tool only came with the Muskatoon.
I still have some of the tools that I picked up at gun shows.
 
If we consider this rifle on sale, plus the several other Parker Hale examples for sale on the Antiques EE...it appears they are priced above any market they may have.

I could mention though that the whole EE appears slow....it's almost Christmas, economy sucks, won't even mention our new government.

I've had a few of them, a few years ago I bought one of the 3 band rifles, brand new, in the box, with all inclusions and accessories, for $425.

What seems to have pushed the apparent price up is the few .451 PH Whitworth rifles that came up, priced higher.

There don't appear to be many enthusiasts for the .577 rifles at bigger prices.

Another one appeared for sale last night, unfired.

I'll be happy to be proven wrong re the price.

I just don't think the market for antique reproductions is that big.

I love the PH English made rifles btw. I actually wish I still had the 3 band rifle I had.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom