Nagant revolver ammo

Colt .45

Regular
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
Location
Manitoba
Ok I think I've snoozed & Lost.

I nearly missed out on getting a nagant revolver for 199. But now everywhere I look brass / ammo is out of stock or back ordered. I managed to grab dies from Tradex.

It's no big horrible loss If I cant shoot it till this summer ( I read one post further down in this forum that the ammo will be imported this summer ).


Anyone know of anything to do in the meantime?


( Ive tried searching the forums for x38, nagant and 1895 , no dice on any of those )
 
Frontier has it listed but its pricey... I reload so when I see brass at Tradex etc....I always stock up....just keep your eyes open ...On a side note have you tried calling Henry at Budget Shooter Supply,...he always seems to be able to find any obscure brass that I have ever looked for...
 
You could always make your own brass for it ... (following info from "The Handloader's Manual of Cartridge Conversions")

Taper expand 32-30 Win brass to .300". FL size in Nagant die. Square case mouth, chamfer & fireform. Case is slightly short, but safe to use. Some 32-30 Win cases may need the rim turned down to .388" diameter.

Use any .30 cal mold to make 150 gr bullets, then cut them to a length that weighs 100 to 105 grains. Bullets are seated fully into shell, and the case mouth is crimped over the end of the bullet.
 
The lee 7.62 x 38 dies only work for loading 32 20 brass. They won't seat the bullet inside the case. I made a thread on how to customize the dies. Iam on my phone right now but i'll try and find it and most it
 
Back
Top Bottom