Navy Colt Revolver Issue

maliboy67

Regular
Rating - 100%
87   0   0
So I got my used Navy Colt revolver home and wanted to take it apart and put some lube on it. I put the hammer on half #### and knocked out the wedge. The gun came apart as it should but the cylinder would not come off. I released the hammer and it wouldn't go back against the cylinder. I turned the revolver upside down and put it in half #### again and a small bit of metal dropped out. I took the back strap off, released the main spring and took off the trigger guard. The little tab on the cylinder stop that sits against the trigger had broken off. If I buy a cylinder stop for a Colt pattern will it work? It's a Navy Arms and as far as I know they are not made any more so it would be impossible to get the par from them. Is there a Canadian distributor that I can get the part from or maybe somebody here on the Forum?

Thanks in advance
 
Navy Arms was the importer ...it is likely an ASM or an Armi San Paolo in which case Dixiegunworks in the U.S. will have parts, you might get lucky and not need to time the new bolt to your gun but if you need to adjust the timing via filing the part that slides on the hammer be careful not to take too much off..in any case order two as the shipping is fairly expensive. Order a new hand and spring while you are at it as they seem to break more often than the bolt.
Check your gun for markings to make sure what it is for sure.
 
I ordered the part from Dixie Gun Works. The parts for an 1851 repro are the same regardless of the maker. Hopefully it will fit without much work and timing adjustment.
 
Back
Top Bottom