Need a double barrel ID please.

Kelly Timoffee

BANNED
BANNED
BANNED
EE Expired
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Another one in a collection I acquired and not sure what to do with.

Again very few markings but I will show what I can with pictures.











Not sure if it is a wall hanger, project , or landfill candidate.

Missing trigger guard and cover on the side of the stock.
 
.
I just love pictures that I have to stand on my head to see. Take the barrels off and photograph the markings on the underside of them near the breech. Also on the water table (that is the flat part at the front end of the receiver where the barrels fit into.) Please put them on right side up.
 
Take it to the very next gun show and try for about 100- Take any offer. No hammers, right lock looks to have hammer spur ground off and no trigger guard-not a fun or rewarding project. Just my opinion. Cheers
 
And even if you did track down and install the missing hardware, that is a Damascus barrel, so it can't fire modern rounds, so you would need to either handload or buy low pressure shells.
 
I think it may be a Jannsen Bros. Belgian double. I have one that has a lion's head on the pistol grip. The barrel on it is actually fluid steel, stamped "fine Damascus finish". As has been said, with the parts missing it is worth very little and even if they were all there, not too much. The one I have has sentimental value as it was my grandfather's
 
Back
Top Bottom