NEED HELP - Black Powder Rendezvous Equipment

maple leaf

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Location
SW Ontario
Hi Guys,
My family and I have been getting into the black powder rendezvous (living history) in SW Ontario. I recently purchased a short sided canvas tent, however it does not have a hole for a portable woodstove. I have been searching for how I can modify my tent to accommodate this stove from Princess Auto: http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/steel-camp-stove/A-p8192403e.

The only thing I have found to modify my tent with is a Stove Jack with Canvas Edging 3" Round, from the states: http://www.outfitterssupply.com/Stove-Jack-with-Canvas-Edging/productinfo/WT+O117C/

Do any of the BP Living History folks on here know if there is a possible source for something similar in Canada? Better yet, if you have something similar and you want to sell it, please let me know.

Also, I am looking for some period correct tent stakes as well. I would need twelve of them.

Thanks!
 
Hi Guys,
My family and I have been getting into the black powder rendezvous (living history) in SW Ontario. I recently purchased a short sided canvas tent, however it does not have a hole for a portable woodstove. I have been searching for how I can modify my tent to accommodate this stove from Princess Auto: http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/steel-camp-stove/A-p8192403e.

The only thing I have found to modify my tent with is a Stove Jack with Canvas Edging 3" Round, from the states: http://www.outfitterssupply.com/Stove-Jack-with-Canvas-Edging/productinfo/WT+O117C/

Do any of the BP Living History folks on here know if there is a possible source for something similar in Canada? Better yet, if you have something similar and you want to sell it, please let me know.

Also, I am looking for some period correct tent stakes as well. I would need twelve of them.

Thanks!

Correct period stakes? Take your axe and go into woods. Cut some stakes from saplings. A period correct portable stove is cast iron, weighs a ton and only the Prince of Wales would travel with it in the 1820s.
 
Hi Guys,
My family and I have been getting into the black powder rendezvous (living history) in SW Ontario. I recently purchased a short sided canvas tent, however it does not have a hole for a portable woodstove. I have been searching for how I can modify my tent to accommodate this stove from Princess Auto: http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/steel-camp-stove/A-p8192403e.

The only thing I have found to modify my tent with is a Stove Jack with Canvas Edging 3" Round, from the states: http://www.outfitterssupply.com/Stove-Jack-with-Canvas-Edging/productinfo/WT+O117C/

Do any of the BP Living History folks on here know if there is a possible source for something similar in Canada? Better yet, if you have something similar and you want to sell it, please let me know.

Also, I am looking for some period correct tent stakes as well. I would need twelve of them.

Thanks!

Welcome to the world of Rondy....Good to see a family getting involved.

Before buying any items for period correct, contact your local BP groups and see what they have and where they sourced it from. Nothing can be more frustrating for a newcomer than buying something they thought was correct to find out it is not. So research is cheaper in the long run.

Contact your BP groups and any provincial BP bodies as sometimes they will advertise or know where there is period camp equipment that folks who are moving on have for sale. Sometimes you can find an entire camp.

Check the net out for club and association websites and look through the picture sections for ideas....

Good luck, Straight shootin and keep your powder dry
 
Back
Top Bottom