Need help finding parts for a Pieper Modified Diana 12g

Garret1234

New member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Location
Manitoba
I just recently inherited my Grandfather's guns, one of them happens to be an old shotgun. I have some questions about the shotgun, does anyone know where I can get parts for it I am trying to find a set of replacement hammers and it looks like I need the part that the firing pin is secured in with. Other than that it looks like it could possibly be shootable, I would love to return it back to a functioning firearm again. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great!

And if through the pictures in this link anyone could tell me anymore about it that would be great

Pics https://imgur.com/a/ktkFP

If you have any questions please let me know and I will answer them as best as I can
 
With a quick look, it appears to be a lower priced Belgian made shotgun, many sold in country stores quite cheaply.
Damascus barrels of unknown condition.
Black powder proofs.
Hammer may fit from a parts gun, may not, and need fitting.
Check a listing of Belgian proofmarks for more info.
Pieper made guns to all price points, most were at the low end, so they sold well to farmers, etc.
 
a lot depends on how much of the work you can do yourself; I doubt that you can find a replacement hammer specifically off another Diana model gun but you should be able to find cartridge shotgun hammers in gunshows. There is a good chance that while it / they may match the style and proportions you are looking for, the square hole may not be oriented correctly for your gun. If so you can silver solder a plug in the tumbler hole and refit it from there. If you drill the square hole in the hammer our and fill it with a round plug and the new square hole is not oriented quite right, you can reheat the hammer red hot and slightly rotate the plug into the correct orientation. Part of what I am trying to say is that if you can do the work yourself, the cost is $5 or $10 but if you have to go to a machinist or gunsmith, the cost is likely considerable. Final note; you will probably have to also make the screw that holds the hammer on to the square tumbler shaft

cheers mooncoon
 
Back
Top Bottom