Need help identifying old rifle

435er

New member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Location
Ashern MB
Hello, I haven't been able to identify the make or model of a rifle i recently inherited and was hoping for some help. I noticed that the shape of the stock looked very similar to my Browning auto 5, is it possibly a old browning or some imitation? There are some emblems stamped on the barrel one says made in Belgium, but i don't know what the others are but are visible in the pictures (kinda blurry though). The auto 5 has a couple of the same emblems.
I don't know the age. It is a 32 calibre. Not sure what 32 caliber, 32-40 maybe but i think it's lighter than that. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

gun003.jpg

gun002.jpg

gun001.jpg

gun004.jpg
 
If your talking about the bottom one in your pictures, looks to me to be some sort of muzzleloader that was later in its life converted into a breachloading arm.

Is it rifled? is it missing a hammer or is the hammer the metal piece I see in the rear/ center of the breech?? does it have a extractor for brass cartridges, or is it a paper cartridge percussion arm "like a monkeytail"??

can you get some better pictures of the breach area both opened and closed

Looks like a very interesting piece!

Cheers!
 
it is a Folbert ...in .32 rimfire more then likly, was playing around with one a month ago.....who made the Folberts?
 
It is a Warnant action Flobert rifle. These were low cost rifles made in large numbers in Belgium, late 19th early 20th centuries. If it is .32, its .32 rimfire.
Listed in the 1900 Sears Roebuck catalogue for $2.70 - $2.85. "Flobert Rifles. Note - We do not recommend nor guarantee Flobert Rifles. Buy a good rifle. It will pay in the end."
 
Did I miss something here? It seems that he was asking about the Browning rifle, not the other. I have never seen one of these "Auto 5" designs in a rifle before. It should be marked somewhere with the caliber. Good luck. Dave
 
Yeah, I vote for the Flobert. The resemblance seems striking.


Just a question though... why does it appear that there's a naked dude sitting down in the last picture (top part)? You seem to be into some weird stuff... old guns, alcohol and naked men, lol!


(just a joke - I realize it's probably taken out of context... or is it?)

:D
 
Are flobert rifles generally unsafe to shoot??
Are the actions very strong?

Just curious, as this example seems to be all there and that said its kinda interesting looking ....after a good cleaning and inspection would you think it could be a shooter??

Or are flobert rifles simply unsafe arms?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom