Hey guys,
I have come by some old military ammo from a friend of mine and would like to figure out the value of it if any so I can help him sell it.
There are two 250 ammo cans of Caliber .30. They are both cloth belted together for a Browning M1917 or M1919 machine gun. one is M1909, blank ammo and is head stamped for the Des Moines Ordnance Plant 1957 so not too interesting but it looks like it was made yesterday (except the can that is rusting on the bottom). The other is the interesting one, it is Head stamped for the Denver ordnance Plant 1944 and is 4 to 1 amour piercing to tracer round and again looks new except the can. Everything is original and is all marked right with only a couple of rounds from the belts used.
i am wondering if this is just worth market value and an interest in the cans or if it has a collectors price to it. Any input would be appreciated as I am out of my element and I want to get a fair price for the ammo and some of my friends guns as he needs the money just being diagnosed with terminal cancer.
Thanks,
Chris
I have come by some old military ammo from a friend of mine and would like to figure out the value of it if any so I can help him sell it.
There are two 250 ammo cans of Caliber .30. They are both cloth belted together for a Browning M1917 or M1919 machine gun. one is M1909, blank ammo and is head stamped for the Des Moines Ordnance Plant 1957 so not too interesting but it looks like it was made yesterday (except the can that is rusting on the bottom). The other is the interesting one, it is Head stamped for the Denver ordnance Plant 1944 and is 4 to 1 amour piercing to tracer round and again looks new except the can. Everything is original and is all marked right with only a couple of rounds from the belts used.
i am wondering if this is just worth market value and an interest in the cans or if it has a collectors price to it. Any input would be appreciated as I am out of my element and I want to get a fair price for the ammo and some of my friends guns as he needs the money just being diagnosed with terminal cancer.
Thanks,
Chris


















































