new made martini's

I am no expert ,but if there is a market for the martini one would think that the Italian manufactures would be in making them already like the replica winchesters ,sharps ,spencers ect??As these fellas are already established and have an idea of what the market wants
 
already did this I understand how business works I also understand that I might not be making a profit for a year or 2 after the initial investment.

As strange as this may seem to you, your statement smells of used oats.

I do not believe that you have a clue, let alone two to rub together, as to exactly how much money it will take to simply keep the lights on in a shop, let alone keep it running, as well as keeping the employees from starving to death while you do so. Y'know, those guys that know how to run the machines because you don't, and the guys that know how to run the software that you don't.

For giggles, look up what a single seat of AutoCad is worth. Then figure out if spending money on AutoCad is going to give you any value.

Cheers
Trev
 
As strange as this may seem to you, your statement smells of used oats.

I do not believe that you have a clue, let alone two to rub together, as to exactly how much money it will take to simply keep the lights on in a shop, let alone keep it running, as well as keeping the employees from starving to death while you do so. Y'know, those guys that know how to run the machines because you don't, and the guys that know how to run the software that you don't.

For giggles, look up what a single seat of AutoCad is worth. Then figure out if spending money on AutoCad is going to give you any value.

Cheers
Trev

trust me on this I know the cost of overhead it isn't my first rodeo
 
If this goes ahead I wish only the best for your success. But I have to wonder at how many will sell. Without the Cowboy action long distance crew or the BPCR crew you're left with the modern hunting group and the folks that enjoy shooting older style guns. But the Martini action isn't friendly for mounting regular scopes what with the need to keep the top of the receiver clear for ejecting and loading. So that implies a scout scope. And I don't see a wide variety of hunters liking that option any time soon.

Which leaves the antique gun group. All in all not a great business model.

I can see it being a good thing for some company that is already doing CNC work to gear up for a batch or two a year as a filler job. But I don't see this being a livelihood for even one person. At least not if the MH in some variety of chamberings is to be your ONLY product.

Now if you were to make up a trapdoor replica in a few chambered options including .38-55 then I'd beat a path to your door for at least one such gun and likely buy a MH in the same caliber just for giggles.
 
If this goes ahead I wish only the best for your success. But I have to wonder at how many will sell. Without the Cowboy action long distance crew or the BPCR crew you're left with the modern hunting group and the folks that enjoy shooting older style guns. But the Martini action isn't friendly for mounting regular scopes what with the need to keep the top of the receiver clear for ejecting and loading. So that implies a scout scope. And I don't see a wide variety of hunters liking that option any time soon.

Which leaves the antique gun group. All in all not a great business model.

I can see it being a good thing for some company that is already doing CNC work to gear up for a batch or two a year as a filler job. But I don't see this being a livelihood for even one person. At least not if the MH in some variety of chamberings is to be your ONLY product.

Now if you were to make up a trapdoor replica in a few chambered options including .38-55 then I'd beat a path to your door for at least one such gun and likely buy a MH in the same caliber just for giggles.

it would not be the only gun I produce I have a pistol caliber semi auto carbine but it needs some R&D and will have to go to be tested most likely. also you could do a receiver mount for a scope on the martini it would have to be a side mount though
 
Last edited:
How about a photo of your pistol caliber carbine?

You are going to mount the scope offset to the left on the Martini, or mount an over the centerline scope using a sidemount?
 
How about a photo of your pistol caliber carbine?

You are going to mount the scope offset to the left on the Martini, or mount an over the centerline scope using a sidemount?

its only on paper so far sort of a design that takes a little bit from everything its a closed bolt tube gun uses AR15 FCG and will not accept any full auto parts. and centerline something like this
standard.jpg
 
its only on paper so far sort of a design that takes a little bit from everything its a closed bolt tube gun uses AR15 FCG and will not accept any full auto parts. and centerline something like this

It would appear that you must be left handed because your sketched in side mount would block using your right hand to load the martini. Why would you bother with a side mount as opposed to using mounts on the barrel like used by Unertl and the Lyman target scopes. Also your text comments about a closed bolt using AR15 parts but the illustration accompanying it is of a martini with the sketched in side mount

cheers mooncoon
 
It would appear that you must be left handed because your sketched in side mount would block using your right hand to load the martini. Why would you bother with a side mount as opposed to using mounts on the barrel like used by Unertl and the Lyman target scopes. Also your text comments about a closed bolt using AR15 parts but the illustration accompanying it is of a martini with the sketched in side mount

cheers mooncoon

its was for a left handed person yes I grabbed that image from google its a no drill style mount that those of us with military martini henrys would use something like this can be done
Martini-256-200.jpg
a bit high above the bore for my liking. I was quoting tiriaq about the pistol caliber carbine
 
Back
Top Bottom