New to Canada Novosibirsk Ammo NPZ

sergey96

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Location
Vancouver Canada
http://westrifle.com/ammunition_1.html You can find prices here

if you have any questions please email master@westrifle.com

Dealers please contact for volume discount.


DSC03996.jpg


DSC03999.jpg


DSC03988.jpg


DSC03992.jpg


DSC03994.jpg


DSC03984.jpg


DSC03985.jpg


DSC03983.jpg
 
posted by Sergey "It was developed for snipers in 7.62x54 by LVE. It is made for easier extraction of the bullet. Basically to minimize jamming in extreme situation. I believe they patented that."

if so, why then this cannelure is presented on .308 and .30-06 (not a sniper, even not a military, cartridge in Russia) but not on the 7.62x54R? and how it can help easier extraction of the bullet if it`s on the body of the cartridge?????

BTW: there is one good point - for pressure jump compensation.... - from one of Russian gun fun sites :) guys who used this ammo say: when fired, on some of these cartridges cannery stays, but on others - disapears....
 
Last edited:
...BTW: there is one good point - for pressure jump compensation.... - from one of Russian gun fun sites :) guys who used this ammo say: when fired, on some of these cartridges cannery stays, but on others - disappears....

I'd think that 52000 PSI would just about iron that out on every case that fired. Kinda neat that it doesn't always go away.

I wonder if it wouldn't be a natural spot for the case to collapse when full-length resizing.
 
Bimetal case, I believe that means copper washed steel, so most likely Berdan primed.

I've been thinking more about that odd ring around the bottom of the case. I'm wondering if it would cause an increase in the rearward thrust the casehead applies to the boltface. With normal ammo, the case expands outwards and binds tightly against the chamber walls. This somewhat reduces the rearward thrust of the rear of the case (the"head") pressing on the boltface.
The Brits used to prooftest guns by applying oil to the case simply to create more rearward thrust.
So if this ring gets fireformed out on firing, wouldnt that allow the head to move even if the forward part of the case is tightly binded against the chamber walls?
 
Bimetal case, I believe that means copper washed steel, so most likely Berdan primed.

I've been thinking more about that odd ring around the bottom of the case. I'm wondering if it would cause an increase in the rearward thrust the casehead applies to the boltface. With normal ammo, the case expands outwards and binds tightly against the chamber walls. This somewhat reduces the rearward thrust of the rear of the case (the"head") pressing on the boltface.
The Brits used to prooftest guns by applying oil to the case simply to create more rearward thrust.
So if this ring gets fireformed out on firing, wouldnt that allow the head to move even if the forward part of the case is tightly binded against the chamber walls?
It prevents case head separation. Think expansion joint.
 
Well, I'm not knocking the ammo. I've never tried it - but unless I'm buying surplus, I want to reload if I'm paying close to a buck a pop.

Awesome to see some more options for the 7.62x54r, but for roughly the same price I'll just buy the prvi and reload.

I hope this isn't taken as a slam - because I'm all for the 7.62x54r community. Maybe they offer a reloadable 7.62x54r product that's just not advertised.
 
New Pricing for volume purchase. Also can someone who bought it write a review.

1. 7.62x54R FMJ 500 Rds $350

2.7.62x54R SP 500 Rds $365

3. 308 Win FMJ 380 Rds $270

4.308 Win SP 380 Rds $265

5. 9 mm Luger FMJ 1350 Rds $380

Also we have for sale Mosin Nagant rifle. Lowest price in Canada $110!!

Also Bi-metal it is brass wash and not steel case like MFS. Accuracy wise it is number one in Russia year after year.
 
At those prices I wouldn't touch it. Especially considering where it comes from :). I mean $380 for 1000 9mm? I thought with as long as this took to bring in it would at least be competitive...
 
Back
Top Bottom