New to me !

a j cave

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Sorry no pictures. ( hate the photo steps) I just got these home :1- a rolling block in 45-70. This is a Navy Arm gun from the 70-80s, a heavy octagon barrel on a old unmarked action. I now have to load a few light pressure loads. :2- A winchester low wall in 22 rf the barrel is gone can hardly see through it. It was made in 1889. This is a rebarreled/ sleeve project, I could change it to a low pressure Center Fire as well. :3- A Rem rolling block in 7x57 this is a turn of the century rifle. Although in very good shape it may be destined to be a 32-40. It is good to have projects in the wings :) not sure when Ill get to them. The 45-70 will have ammo loaded soon so it will be the first to play with.
 
I'll be looking forward to some pictures.

If that low wall is a Jen-You-Wine Winchester then I believe it could be re-barreled and the firing pin re-done to some fairly hot smaller calibers. One that comes to mind would be .357Mag and then mostly shoot .38Spl as plinking loads. I keep seeing low walls set up for the hotter small bore cartridges so the action can clearly withstand some fairly stout pressures.
 
The low wall will be for cast shooting and fun in the gopher patch. If it would take modern pressure it would be a hornet or bee. The easiest and fastest would be to screw a 22 barrel on & chamber back to lr. Projects for rainy days. Fist need to get the 45-70 barking.
 
Back
Top Bottom