New use for SKS strippers

diananike

CGN frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
Location
The Pas MB
IMG_1339.jpg


I was fiddling around with my dremel and look what I came up with.

.38s and .357s fit perfectly!
A full clip will hold 10 just like 7.62x39.
But I figure the little 6 shot ones are so cute. Perfect pocket size for my .357 marlin 1894.
Now I HAVE to get a .38 revolver!

My SKS has duckbill mags now so I don't use the stripper clips.
If anyone want's a couple I'd be happy to send them some, so they can try it out themselves.
You'll have to cut them yourselves though.;)
 
You mean like this?

[youtube]FdsmjPhfV14[/youtube]

Good idea, I think - God knows we all (well, those of us with SKS or other 7.62x39 rifles) have a TON of excess stripper clips sitting around... nice to see them used for something productive!

-M
 
Id like to see you load a revolver with those!:D

Neat idea though!

It wouldn't help you load it it's just a cheap and convenient way to carry the ammo.
I think the fastest way would be to just slide them all off into your palm and then load them one or two at a time.
 
Actually, on second thought, they're a bit thick for snips when they've got folded edges like that.

Grinder or dremel would be my first go.

-M
 
Yep I used a dremel with a cutting wheel, then smoothed it out with a grinding cone.

Cut them just past one of the sets of little dimples coming out the sides to hold six.
 
Actually, on second thought, they're a bit thick for snips when they've got folded edges like that.

Grinder or dremel would be my first go.

-M

I found that out the hard way. Ruined a brand new pair of yellows trying to cut one.

I found a set of bolt cutters worked best. I cut them in half and smooth them out on a bench grinder to make 5 round strips. Sometimes you have to open the slot up a bit to fit all 5.
 
Grinder or tin snips should make short work of 'em... or a dremel with a cutoff wheel if you don't have a full-sized grinder/chop saw.

-M

Might want to stick with a cutoff wheel or grinder. They seem a little springy for mild steel--you may ruin a good pair of tinsnips if that is higher carbon steel.......
 
Back
Top Bottom