"No Sale" Sports again ....

Sharps '63

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Once again I am disappointed by "No Sale" Sports inability to supply what they advertise.

All I wanted was a .457 sizer die. The poor kid on the order desk said she could back order it or try to get it from another store. I tried that in the past and after three weeks was informed that no one had what I wanted!

When I told her this, she said that policy was to have one or two such items at every outlet. Obviously the policy is wrong and no one seems to care.

Who will have this die in stock, on a shelf, ready to ship?
 
I think I may have seen a Lee sizing .457 in the Winnipeg Cabelas recently, not sure if that helps.

I had a recent similar distasteful experience at nosale. I asked the gun counter manager(who is otherwise very knowledgeable) if they had any Goex, his reply was -"Oh, you can't get real black powder anymore, just the BP substitute." Hmm ok- drove to Winnipeg Cabelas they had tons's in stock, apparently they did not get the same memo.
 
I tried to get an item and was that only told the south side store had it. I asked if they could have it brought up to the North store as I live North of the city.

They said sure, it will take three weeks!

Needless to say I walked out with nothing.
 
I had a recent similar distasteful experience at nosale. I asked the gun counter manager(who is otherwise very knowledgeable) if they had any Goex, his reply was -"Oh, you can't get real black powder anymore, just the BP substitute." Hmm ok- drove to Winnipeg Cabelas they had tons's in stock, apparently they did not get the same memo.

LOL, that happens at many stores "thats on back order, none in Canada" then go to the place next door and its on the shelf.

Would be nice if they would just say outright that they don't have it, then you don't have to ask sarcastically at the next place if they have it
 
It is an interesting business model -- they have the lowest price on every possible bit of gun paraphernalia, but they never have anything in stock. Do you think maybe it is just a 5 year old kid playing "shopkeeper"? That would explain things...
 
fsreloading.com is a Lee factory outlet. I've bought all my reloading stuff from them. The shipping fees are a bit much, but the item is always available at a considerable discount. And no problems shipping north of the border either.
 
That outfit is the most useless "gunshop" on the planet. I won't even go there anymore, the lack of stock is second only to the lack of knowledge. I'll never know how they stay in business.
 
Ummm...I probably won't get invited to be in 'the gang', but last time I was there ( Calgary) they were great. The fellow helping me didn't know the in's & out's of the obscure rounds I was looking for ( 41 LC & 9mm Steyr ) but he tried quite hard to be helpful. There was 6 shell holders spread across the counter when we were sizing them.
I was riding out the afterwork traffic rush so the store was pretty empty. I had 3 different clerks attending to my needs at different times.
Seemed like they tried pretty hard IMO.
But maybe I'm an optimist.
My bad.
 
.457

I called Epps and the die is in the mail.

Dez - I have both .458 and .459 dies. However, my Shiloh 45-70 has such a tight chamber that if I feed it anything other than .457 bullets (roll crimp, taper crimp ... whatever) and I get the slightest case distortion (Winchester brass, Remington even more so) the rounds will not chamber.

My Browning '86 and H&R Trapdoors digest anything. You gotta feed 'em what they like.
 
It is an interesting business model -- they have the lowest price on every possible bit of gun paraphernalia, but they never have anything in stock. Do you think maybe it is just a 5 year old kid playing "shopkeeper"? That would explain things...

I think their business model must be making decent profits but if they had somebody competent analysing sales data they could probably double their revenue in the firearms and reloading section.

They get stock in and have it on the shelf for a month, and then they are out of that stock for 2 months. Would they sell more if they had more stock on the shelf? No doubt.

I find the only way to deal with them is to stop in often. When they have what you want, buy it. Come back a week or two later and check what's new and just keep doing the same again and again. Eventually you get everything if you can ewait that long. They still have the best prices I've found in Canada, period. They're just clueless on stocking levels.

The edmonton south store had every lee sizer available in stock last fall. Unfortunately most of the popular sizes were gone in 2 months and they haven't got a new order since. They must only get in a LEE shipment once or twice a year. So I ordered mine from Factory Sales in the US. Would have happily bought from WSS if they could just figure out stocking levels, but you can only wait so long.

I also ordered some lyman bullet sizers direct from lyman in the US. If you want to experience rude, ignorant people, just call in a phone order at lyman. They make WSS look good.
 
Crazy thing is they are a chain store.Was in one in Spokane WA last summer and it was run like a real gun store with customer service and everything! WSS in Calgary is a last resort for me.Watched a clown named Danna trying to sell a guy a .557 mold for his 45-70 Couldn't stand it any more and intervened then left.............Harold
 
Wss

Dropping in on WSS may well work - if you live close to an outlet. Nearest one to me is a 10 hour one way drive. I do stop in when it's convenient. Once I lucked out after they had a restock.
There is NO excuse for their lousy marketing strategy. It is a formula for failure. Word of mouth and service are the keys to retail success. That's Business 101.
Look for this outfit to fail.

Generally, I get more satisfaction by picking up the phone and talking to someone with a pulse. Internet shopping can be disappointing.

Best customer service I've experienced is dealing with Buffalo Arms. Recently I ordered two Lyman items that were back ordered. I was told that Lyman responded quickly to their orders and I could expect prompt shipment. Two days later I got a message that the items were in the mail.

A pal on CasCity recently reported that his Lyman DPS III packed it in. He was told to return it and got a replacement PDQ. No questions, no warranty hassles. Guess it depends on who answers the phone .....
 
Back
Top Bottom