not so antique,

lannard

Regular
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
altho still avalable, this .22 bb cap needs a spotlight, so unique in its own way and loads of fun to shoot

rimfire029.jpg
 
Lol! this looks like it doesn't even have room for powder... the primer is probably all there is to set off a 5gr bullet, lol (or almost)! Honestly, I think you would get better performance & "stopping power" with a .177 air rifle at 495 fps.

:D

Still, it's a very interesting concept. Thanks for the pics! (and yeah, shooting real ammo in the basement is not legal, no matter how ridiculous the caliber... unless of course your basement is a certified range).
 
I used to go through quite a few of these, as well as their bretheren CBs, for close range target work and pest control. Accurate at garden range, scratch quiet from a Cooey bbl, and they will do a groundhog in a pinch.
 
couple of boxes still around here....fired about 20 off last year with friends at the range, for a laugh and a hoot.
IMG_0764.jpg


for comparison....50 cal,...303....
IMG_0763.jpg
 
They will go right through a rabbits head at around 20 yards. To bad they aren't available anymore. They are still made in Europe by Rottweil but I don't think they are imported because of lack of demand

cheers mooncoon
 
Those "Super-Clean" C-I-L BB caps as I remember them were anything but clean, although they were a touch longer than the RWS ones and a bit easier to load. ]
 
ok so the rws ones is primer only. powering a conical. and rws (german) still does make them. i know that the tsc stores still carry rws ammo. cil on the other hand is a 22 caL bullet. i will have to look in to the weights. i personally have shot these indoors, but not to practice, it was for pest control.
 
Back
Top Bottom